[Deutsch] [Français] [Español] [Português ]

13 October 2007

First Dyno Results

Back in July I got together with Mark at AutoSpeed to test their first attempt at software for the 2.0T FSI engine. We flashed the car, and did some preliminary logging using both VAG-COM and their own software, but they were in the process of moving their shop to a new location and we weren't able to actually dyno it and fine-tune the software. I didn't post anything about it online since everyone's first response would be to ask "where are the numbers?". Today, finally, I have some numbers.

Today was NGP Racing's Dyno Day/Open House. I was one of the early ones to dyno, which was good because the line got long pretty soon after my run.

I was going to get some more pictures + a video clip of the dyno run, but my batteries died.... At least I got a few:



No line when it was my turn, but it got busy later.



Cooling off before the run...



They were so happy I was there, one dude started breakdancing.



Getting the lead hooked up.



Strapped down.



Ready to roll!



The results:
Best Torque: 253.7 lbs-ft; Best Power: 201.5 HP (4th gear pulls, ~65 degF)



I also got to meet several of the Deldubs crew there. It was great hanging out with you guys, and finally putting faces to the screennames!

© 2005, 2024, Some rights reserved. You may use information here on your own site only if you attribute it and link back to the source. This is a personal site, NOT AFFILIATED WITH Audi, Volkswagen, their parent companies, or any other media interest.